Feb. 13, 2014
/PRNewswire/ -- BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (Nasdaq: BDSI) announced that it has closed its previously announced registered direct offering with a select group of institutional investors under which such investors have purchased an aggregate of 7,500,000 shares of BDSI's common stock yielding gross proceeds of
The lead investor in the financing was Federated Kaufmann, a family of mutual funds. Three current institutional stockholders of BDSI also participated in the financing.
Proceeds from this financing are expected to be used for:
- Execution of the sales, marketing and other commercialization and product supply chain activities to support the anticipated second half 2014 launch of BUNAVAIL™, BDSI's treatment for opioid dependence which is currently under review by the FDA with a June 7, 2014 PDUFA date, and that BDSI is actively preparing to commercialize on its own;
- for the initiation this quarter of the Phase III clinical program for Clonidine Topical Gel for the treatment of painful diabetic neuropathy, along with the overall clinical and regulatory advancement of this product;
- for support of BDSI's existing partnered products;
- for potential acquisition of clinical stage or marketed products in the therapeutic areas of central nervous system, addiction and pain medicine, to complement BDSI's current product pipeline;
- and for general working capital purposes.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any securities nor shall there be any sale of such securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. A shelf registration statement (File No. 333-192618) relating to the common stock issued in the offering has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and was declared effective on
, 2013. A prospectus supplement relating to the offering was filed by the company with the SEC on
, 2014. Copies of the prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus may be obtained directly from the company.
About BioDelivery Sciences International
BioDelivery Sciences International (NASDAQ: BDSI) is a specialty pharmaceutical company that is leveraging its novel and proprietary patented drug delivery technologies to develop and commercialize, either on its own or in partnerships with third parties, new applications of proven therapeutics. BDSI is focusing on developing products to meet unmet patient needs in the areas of pain management and addiction.