SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) introduced today the Juno® T41™ rugged handheld computer with integrated Ultra-High Frequency RFID capabilities. In addition to high-speed 1D/2D barcode imaging technology, smartphone capability and enhanced, real-time 1-2 meter GPS accuracy, the Juno T41 series now offers new models that provide more functionality and configuration choices for data collection and mobile workforce management.
"Often the RFID tag is specifically used because the item being tracked is in difficult or harsh environments where a barcode won't survive. The rugged design of this handheld computer is an ideal solution for reading RFID in outdoor and extreme situations," said Jim Sheldon, general manager of Trimble's Mobile Computing Solutions Division.
The RFID capability can be combined with Enhanced GPS and/or smartphone connectivity so customers can choose a specific handheld model that meets their needs.
Ultra-High Frequency (UHF) SupportThe Juno T41 R will automatically recognize tags across a variety of frequencies and work with any size or style of RFID tag that is designed for customized solutions. UHF RFID is an increasingly commonplace technology using the 860 to 960 MHz frequency range. Automatically Configured and Ready for Use Around the World Using the latest EPCglobal Gen 2 RFID technology from Trimble's ThingMagic Division, the device uses two different antenna ranges to read or recognize the unique identification of an asset anywhere in the world.
- FCC Certified ( North America): 902-928 MHz bands
- ETSI Certified (EU): 865.6-867.6 MHz bands
- ACMA Certified (AU/NZ): 920-926 MHz bands
- Rapid-read, high-accuracy performance on multiple tags with multiple orientations, even in crowded conditions
- Consistent read-range over 3.5 meters for 5 cm 2 (2") UHF tags in unobstructed space
- Integrated antenna with the ability to transmit up to +30 dBm (1 Watt) power for demanding applications
- Configurable performance settings and use-case parameters in the pre-loaded Trimble SearchLight application
- Software Development Kit to customize all settings including read-range, power-consumption and other features
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts