As Part Of TD Ameritrade's U.S. Olympic And Paralympic Team Sponsorship And #itaddsup Campaign, A Few Of Our Team USA Athletes Dropped In To Give Our Next Generation Hopefuls The Surprise Of A Lifetime.
With the 2014 Winter Olympic Games underway, all eyes are on Team USA. But, across the country, future U.S. Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls and their families are making small strides and sacrifices with the hope of making Team USA in 2018. TD Ameritrade, through its #ItAddsUp campaign, recently sent the next generation of hopefuls on a surprise journey of a lifetime – a trip to Sochi to cheer on Team USA and experience the Games up close and personal.
TD Ameritrade is proud to support the “next generation” of U.S. Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls in a unique social giving campaign. The company selected a future hopeful in each of the seven sports of its sponsored athletes. The selected hopefuls include:
- Aaron Tran, Short Track Speedskating, age 17
- Gabe Ferguson, Snowboarding, age 14
- Gracie Clapp-Taylor, Skeleton, age 21
- Jakob Ellingson, Biathlon, age 19
- Katrina Schaber, Paralympic Alpine Skiing, age 16
- Chris Douglas, Paralympic Ice Sled Hockey, age 23
- Nik Seemann, Freestyle Skiing, age 16
To deliver the news, TD Ameritrade sent U.S. Olympians, J.R. Celski, Noelle Pikus Pace and Louie Vito, as well as U.S. Paralympian Danelle Umstead, to the doorsteps of these seven next generation hopefuls. Check out their surprise reactions here.
The Company sent these chosen young athletes to Sochi to cheer on Team USA and experience their first Olympic Winter Games. But, their journey is just beginning. And TD Ameritrade is committed to helping them along the way.Here’s where fans can help out TD Ameritrade has also set up a brokerage account for each chosen next generation hopeful. During the Games, for every use of the hashtag #ItAddsUp, the Company will add funds to each account to help them pay for training and other expenses that often accompany the many steps it takes to get to the Olympic Winter Games. “Unlike most countries participating in the Games, the U.S. Olympic Committee does not receive government funding to help the athletes,” said Denise Karkos, chief marketing officer, TD Ameritrade. “TD Ameritrade is proud to sponsor Team USA and equally excited to support the next generation of Olympic hopefuls. We’ve sent seven young athletes on an exclusive journey to Sochi alongside the U.S. Olympic team to attend special events, experience USA house, celebrate at the medals ceremonies and experience the excitement of the Winter Games firsthand.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV