After-Hours Trading Shows Cisco Systems (CSCO) Lagging
- CSCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.0 billion.
- CSCO is down 4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSCO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSCO: Cisco Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells Internet protocol (IP) and other products related to the communications and information technology industry worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. CSCO has a PE ratio of 12.4. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Cisco Systems a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cisco Systems has been 44.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cisco Systems has a market cap of $122.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.27 days to cover. Shares are up 1.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cisco Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although CSCO's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.28 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.65, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, CISCO SYSTEMS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CISCO SYSTEMS INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.64%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.48% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Cisco Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts