CUPERTINO, Calif., Feb. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- DURECT Corporation (Nasdaq: DRRX) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a Complete Response Letter for POSIDUR ™ (SABER ®-Bupivacaine), an investigational drug for administration into the surgical site to produce post-surgical analgesia. Based on its review, the FDA has determined that they cannot approve the NDA in its present form, stating the NDA does not contain sufficient information to demonstrate that POSIDUR is safe when used in the manner described in the proposed label, and the FDA has indicated that additional clinical safety studies need to be conducted. DURECT is evaluating the issues described in the Complete Response Letter and plans to have further discussions with the FDA around them.
"In the coming months, we intend to work with the FDA to gain more clarity on the next steps that would be required to address the issues cited in the Complete Response Letter," stated James E. Brown, DVM, President and CEO of DURECT Corporation.
Conference Call and WebcastA live audio webcast of a conference call will be broadcast over the internet at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time on February 13 and is available by accessing DURECT's homepage at www.durect.com and clicking " Investor Relations." If you are unable to participate during the live webcast, the call will be archived on DURECT's website under Audio Archive in the " Investor Relations" section. About POSIDUR
POSIDUR is a post-operative pain relief depot that utilizes DURECT's patented SABER ® technology to deliver bupivacaine to provide up to three days of pain relief after surgery. We are in discussions with potential partners regarding licensing development and commercialization rights to POSIDUR, for which we hold worldwide rights.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV