The company expects earnings to decline in 2014 due to scaled down U.S. military activity overseas. With the exception of the decline, Atlas Air expects 2014 results to approximate 2013 results.
For the fourth quarter Atlas Air posted earnings of $1.66 a share, 22 cents better than Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of $1.44 a share. Revenue rose 3.9% to $470.6 million in the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $434.9 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Air Freight & Logistics industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HLDG INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- AAWW, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Air Freight & Logistics industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 29.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $33.86 million to $23.74 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.36 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, AAWW maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.91, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AAWW Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV