AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Feb. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BorgWarner announced today that Vicki L. Sato has been named to its board of directors. Dr. Sato has served as Professor of Management Practice at Harvard Business School and Professor of the Practice in the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology of Harvard University since 2006. Prior to that, she was President of Vertex Pharmaceuticals from 2000 to 2005.
"Dr. Sato is an accomplished executive and scientist with over 25 years of experience in leadership and innovation," said Alexis P. Michas, Non-Executive Chairman, BorgWarner. "Effective innovation has been a core value at BorgWarner and we are confident Dr. Sato will make a significant contribution to the Board."
Dr. Sato is currently a director of publicly held Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Perkin Elmer Corporation and Galapagos NV.
About BorgWarnerBorgWarner Inc. (NYSE: BWA) is a product leader in highly engineered components and systems for powertrains around the world. Operating manufacturing and technical facilities in 56 locations in 19 countries, the company delivers innovative powertrain solutions to improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance performance. For more information, please visit borgwarner.com.SOURCE BorgWarner Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV