By early afternoon, shares of the microcap have added 24.6% to $4.40. Trading volume of 18.2 million is more than 12 times its three-month average daily volume.
On Tuesday, Lockheed Martin (LMT) announced a partnership with the alternative energy supplier to develop the world's largest project harnessing wave energy.
The project will be developed off the coast of Victoria, Australia and upon its completion as early as 2018 will produce enough power for 10,000 homes.The project will use Ocean Power's technology which converts wave energy into clean energy via the bobbing movement of a buoy. The mechanical energy produced drives an electrical generator, which transmits power through an underwater cable. OPTT data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV