By late morning, shares had plunged 14.5% to $7.59. Trading volume of 3 million was over five times its three-month average daily volume.
The enterprise-oriented social software platform said it expects revenue for the March-ended quarter of $40 million to $41 million and a per-share loss of 11 cents to 13 cents. Analysts had expected revenue of $41.2 million and a per-share loss of 12 cents.
Guidance of full-year sales between $170 million and $175 million was slightly lower than an anticipated $176.6 million.In the three months to December, the company recorded a loss of 16 cents a share, in line with analyst consensus, and revenue of $39.31 million, 20% higher than a year earlier. "We saw positive results from our focused go-to-market messaging and sales efforts that were targeted at key IT and line of business decision makers," said CEO Tony Zingale in a statement. "We continued to build on our highly differentiated track record of market leading innovation with the release of Jive Fall Cloud/Jive 7 and our unique ability to deliver tangible business results for our customers." The company announced James Larson, president of worldwide field operations, was resigning effective March 31. SVP of worldwide sales John McCracken will assume his responsibilities until a replacement has been found. Must Read: Jive Software Announces Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year Results TheStreet Ratings team rates JIVE SOFTWARE INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate JIVE SOFTWARE INC (JIVE) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JIVE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV