Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR), a trusted neutral provider of real-time information and analytics, today released its 2013 Year in Review Global Media Intelligence Report. Brands, agencies and marketers are constantly looking for ways to create a more unique and engaging customer experience. This report delivers key insights into what online channels are most effective for marketers to leverage in order to engage with high-performing audiences and efficiently increase reach to ultimately drive sales.
Marketers leverage Neustar’s Media Intelligence PlatformTM (MIP) to gain cross-channel visibility and actionable insights to optimize spend across their entire online media budget. The latest report identifies trends and insights for Fortune 500 CMOs to extend reach, increase sales and drive efficiency across media budgets.
- Exchanges show the greatest cost advantage in CPM, CPA and CPC, indexing below the industry average throughout all of 2013
- Social continues to deliver reach efficiency, performing 197 percent better than the next-best channel (networks)
- Social reaches high-quality users, performing 52 percent better than the indexed average
- Social and exchange online campaigns influence more online conversions while portal campaigns influence more offline conversions
- Offline first-party customer data performs 32x to 64x better than the advertiser average across clients in the Education, Retail and Telecommunications verticals
- Targeting top performing audiences leads to an increase in user conversion rates of 220 percent in CPG, 500 percent in Retail, 560 percent in Education, 920 percent in Automotive and 1400 percent in Telecommunications
“Gone are the days of marketing to many and hoping that you hit the right audience,” said David Jakubowski, SVP of Neustar Marketing Services. “Marketers must arm themselves with the technologies that connect customer intelligence with online media intelligence, allowing them to close the loop across channels to get one true view of the customer.”