1. As of noon trading, American International Group ( AIG) is up $0.49 (1.0%) to $49.49 on average volume. Thus far, 4.0 million shares of American International Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $49.13-$49.72 after having opened the day at $49.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.00. American International Group, Inc. provides insurance products and services for the commercial, institutional, and individual customers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments: AIG Property Casualty, and AIG Life and Retirement. American International Group has a market cap of $72.0 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 4.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 9 analysts who rate American International Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates American International Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full American International Group Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the insurance industry could consider KBW Insurance ETF ( KIE) while those bearish on the insurance industry could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts