NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Infoblox (BLOX) is seeing slight respite from the week's losses. On Monday, the network services provider cut 2014 guidance, causing several analysts to downgrade the stock shortly after.
By late morning, shares have added 5.7% to $18.17. Since Monday, the stock is down 45.8%.
Recently, Needham & Company downgraded the stock to "hold" from "buy," while Sterne Agee cut it to "neutral" with a $20 price target. At Wedbush Securities, shares were downgraded to "neutral" from "outperform" with a $25 price target.
Infoblox warned that revenue for the full year ending July would miss guidance of $270 million to $276 million. Management now expects sales between $250 million to $254 million. Full-year earnings of 30 cents to 34 cents a share is lower than 52 cents a share analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast.
BLOX data by YCharts
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Software industry. The net income has decreased by 6.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$2.39 million to -$2.55 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, INFOBLOX INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for INFOBLOX INC is currently very high, coming in at 78.82%. Regardless of BLOX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BLOX's net profit margin of -4.01% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- INFOBLOX INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INFOBLOX INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.10 versus -$0.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.52 versus -$0.10).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BLOX's share price has jumped by 75.05%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in BLOX do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BLOX Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV