NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Two of the companies that report quarterly results premarket on Thursday are gold miners Barrick Gold (ABX) and Goldcorp (GG) which are down by 39.4% and 24.2% respectively over the last 12 months. Both have been rebounding this year as the price of gold approaches its 200-day simple moving average at $1311.0.
On the opposite side of the ledger are two stocks from the auto-tires-trucks sector that have sizable gains over the last 12 months. The maker of vehicle power train applications Borg Warner (BWA) is up 45.9% while Goodyear Tire (GT) is up 72.7%.
Here are my buy-and-trade profiles for the ten companies of interest reporting premarket Thursday:
Barrick Gold ($19.57): Analysts expect the company to report earnings of 42 cents a share. The stock crossed above its 200-day SMA at $18.15 on Jan. 17 trading as high as $19.95 on Jan. 24. The weekly chart is positive with its five-week modified moving average at $18.62 and its 200-week SMA at $37.87. The stock has a loss of 40% over the last 12 months. My monthly value level is $15.00 with a weekly risky level at $19.98 and semiannual risky level at $30.11.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV