Time Warner Cable (TWC) and Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) today announced details of a new partnership designed to help address America’s declining proficiency in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). TWC, as part of its Connect a Million Minds (CAMM) initiative, will provide $500,000 in cash and in-kind support to help BGCA engage and inspire youth around the country to become interested in STEM subjects.
The partnership was initially announced by professional football player and Boys & Girls Club alumnus Victor Cruz and Food Network Chef Anne Burrell at CAMM Day, which was held on February 1, 2014 at TWC Studios in New York City.
“We are proud to partner with TWC on this exciting STEM program for our members,” said BGCA President and CEO Jim Clark. “BGCA is committed to preparing globally competitive graduates for successful 21 st century careers, and this new program will enable Club kids to unearth STEM concepts through fun, hands-on activities and explore the jobs of tomorrow.”
“Time Warner Cable believes in getting kids excited about STEM because having the next generation skilled in these areas is critical for our country’s continued success,” said Rob Marcus, Chairman and CEO of Time Warner Cable. “We are very proud to partner with BGCA and support a new program that will help their members reach their potential by becoming inspired by the world of STEM.”The $500,000 in support from TWC will enable BGCA to launch a new Do-It-Yourself (DIY) STEM program for Boys & Girls Clubs around the country. Available for all Clubs this summer, the DIY STEM program curriculum will engage Club youth ages 10 to 18 in a different strand of STEM—from robotics to electrodynamic propulsion—each week. Aligning to the Common Core State Standards Initiative, the project-based STEM activities will provide opportunities for critical thinking and peer exchange.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV