Story updated at 9:45 a.m. to reflect market changes.
CNO gained 5% to $18.15 in morning trading.
The firm maintained its "neutral" rating for the insurance company, despite raising the price target. UBS also raised its EPS estimates for CNO based on strong fourth-quarter results and a closed block LTC reinsurance deal.
Must Read: Why TripAdvisor (TRIP) Was Upgraded
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates CNO FINANCIAL GROUP INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CNO FINANCIAL GROUP INC (CNO) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 25.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 6250.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 63.59% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CNO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 5760.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$5.00 million to $283.00 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CNO FINANCIAL GROUP INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CNO Ratings Report