Story updated at 9:45 a.m. to reflect market changes.
Sprint gained 2.2% to $8.07 in morning trading.
The bank set a price target of $9.25 for the wireless carrier. Analysts Brett Feldman, Jiorden Sanchez, and Jonathan Epstein said the upgrade is due to a recent stock pullback. The analysts also cite two "key themes" for the carrier which include "(1) a significant spectrum advantage and (2) an outlook for material EBITDA growth during the next 2 years."The upgrade comes one day after Sprint announced a surprising net gain of subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2013, and a lower-than-expected loss. S data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV