On Tuesday, the producer of organic soy milk announced fourth-quarter earnings of 18 cents a share which were in line with consensus. Revenue of $2.29 billion exceeded expectations of $2.26 billion, according to those surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
In fiscal 2014, the Dallas-based expects volumes to remain weak. The company anticipates full-year earnings between 73 cents and 86 cents a share, below consensus of $1.09 a share.
Must Read: Why Dean Foods (DF) is Down TodayTheStreet Ratings team rates DEAN FOODS CO as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate DEAN FOODS CO (DF) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DF Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV