- Virtualization enables fast time to market of new business solutions such as M2M, enterprise and distributed cloud MBB for fast growing markets
- Ericsson's industry-leading Evolved Packet Core solution provided in a virtualized mode with feature compatibility for efficient cloud transformation
- End-to-end support provided for operator transformation to cloud and NFV
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) provides important mechanisms to make operator networks more agile and operationally efficient. Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is now bringing NFV to an industrial scale with a full suite of virtualized network applications, combined with consulting and systems integration services. Based on an open, telecom-grade cloud execution environment, efficient end-to-end solutions and more flexible deployments are enabled.
As part of its commitment to NFV, Ericsson is launching its virtual Evolved Packet Core. This development of the market-leading Evolved Packet Core opens the way for new operator opportunities in the areas of M2M, enterprise and distributed cloud for rural mobile broadband. All these services use Ericsson Cloud System for efficient operations.
Jan Häglund, Head of Product Area IP & Broadband at Ericsson says: "At Mobile World Congress in Barcelona we are launching virtual Evolved Packet Core to support operators' transition to a network-enabled cloud. Based on our open platform Ericsson Cloud System, the real-time networking capabilities of Ericsson Service Provider SDN and our Telecom Cloud Transformation service, we support operators' next step to enable the networked society and provide innovative services."Virtualization is done of all Evolved Packet Core components with full feature compatibility with native Evolved Packet Core, as well as complementary functions such as content caching and optimization offered by Ericsson's Media Delivery Network. Together with common operations and support system and smooth migration paths Ericsson provides unique features across native and virtualized network nodes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts