- Ericsson's Telecom Cloud Transformation consulting practice will use innovative methodologies and tools to transform technology and process environments
- Combines Ericsson's professional services experience and technology insights across business, IT and telecom with the latest developments in SDN and NFV
- With a track record of multi-year, multi-vendor transformation projects, Ericsson can assume end-to-end responsibility for delivering desired business outcomes
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Advances in broadband connectivity and smartphone development have contributed significantly to the popularity of cloud services that allow people to collaborate, share information and access e-mail and online storage on the go. To date most cloud services have been launched by over-the-top (OTT) players, with operators providing only the underlying connectivity. However, Ericsson (Nasdaq:ERIC) believes there is a significant opportunity for operators to add value by either improving the quality of existing services or launching services of their own.
Software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) are two technologies that make it easier for telecom operators to quickly develop and deploy innovative services. To help operators make the most of the cloud opportunity, Ericsson is launching Telecom Cloud Transformation consulting services. This is a framework that combines SDN and NFV with the professional services experience and technology insights the company accumulates in delivering more than 1,500 consulting and systems integration (CSI) projects each year. Through this new offering, operators will be able to turn to Ericsson consultants and systems integrators for step-by-step advice - starting with business process analysis and continuing all the way through to implementation, development and maintenance.
Paolo Colella, Vice President and Head of Consulting and Systems Integration, Ericsson, says: "The cloud offers operators advantages such as efficiency gains in operations as well as improved time to market. With our professional services leadership and data center experience, we can help operators identify how best to transform their existing technology and process environments to take advantage of the cloud opportunity."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV