SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Oral Roberts University (ORU), located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, selected Extreme Networks (Nasdaq: EXTR), a leading provider of high performance network solutions, to upgrade its network infrastructure to support desktop and server virtualization, mobility and a BYOD environment of 4,500 students, faculty and staff.
Over the past year, ORU added about 1,000 users and over 3,500 new devices to its network. To meet these new demands, the ORU network staff needed to upgrade their existing equipment to provide more bandwidth to handle the additional traffic. ORU also needed to accommodate classroom and dorm technology such as Apple TV, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), iPads, Smart Boards and IP cameras. In response to the school's requirements, Extreme Networks was able to deliver reliable, easy-to-manage and cost-effective solutions that helped solve ORU's network challenges by enabling the University to transition smoothly from a 1G to 10G capacity and reduce costs for the University at the same time.
- ORU upgraded the Extreme N-Series equipment to the high-performance S-Series® to deliver powerful performance along with granular visibility and control. Extreme's NetSight® Network Management and Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) simplifies network management tasks with automated, policy-based traffic prioritization, QoS and bandwidth management and policy-based user security.
- ORU's upgraded network allows students to stream video content such as Netflix in dorms without causing issues for ORU's IT team. In the classroom, Extreme's equipment supports the classroom apps run by the University and enables ORU to deploy new classroom technologies such as voice and digital content.
- ORU found that Extreme was the "vendor of choice" who could provide the best performance, granular control and visibility at the desired price point. In addition to cutting costs, an added benefit was that the new S-Series switches allowed ORU to reduce their energy costs as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV