- Ericsson's first network-wide software launch, Networks Software 14B, focuses on enhancing network performance and enabling operator growth
- Release highlights include doubled app coverage for all devices, speeds up to 450 Mbps for LTE and enhanced HD video conferencing
- Software-driven network evolution enables operators to respond to quickly changing network requirements
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (Nasdaq:ERIC), announces the industry's first coordinated network-wide software launch, Networks Software 14B, which is focused on enhancing network performance and enabling operator growth. The over 200 new and enhanced features included in the release are rigorously tested to ensure smooth rollout. Ericsson tests the software on network equipment with devices from all major vendors.
Performance-enhancing highlights include LTE Carrier Aggregation for three carriers, to reach peak data speeds of 450 Mbps; LTE Uplink Coordinated Multi Point (UL CoMP), which can provide twice the app coverage for all devices; and Ericsson-unique features for WCDMA, such as Ericsson's Dynamic Power Sharing feature which gives all devices up to 50 percent faster data speed.
Ken Rehbehn, Principal Analyst, Yankee Group, says: "Software is now just as important as the hardware in a network. As network equipment providers drive software innovation, comprehensive release packaging -- along with tools and processes for rapid software roll-out across massively scaled mobile and fixed networks -- provides operators needed agility to confidently launch new capabilities while boosting network performance."Many of today's solutions, such as voice over LTE (VoLTE) require software interaction between virtually every part of a network. Ericsson has industrialized upgradability, meeting the requirement for large-scale software release processes that ensure a fast and reliable way to move to the latest software release for telecom operators. Johan Wibergh, Executive Vice President and head of Networks, Ericsson, says: "We promise and deliver proven network quality and industrialized upgradability for any size network. Traffic is growing, but also changing and in order to keep pace network evolution must be driven by software. Nowadays, a network is only as good as the software release it is running and by staying on the latest release operators will benefit from enhanced performance and growth."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV