- New and innovative technologies are redefining the TV viewing experience
- Ericsson integrates Pay TV service quality and content depth, with the personalization, interactivity and multiscreen viewing capabilities of OTT services
- Ericsson Future TV Anywhere delivers on the vision of innovative and seamless viewing experiences that can rapidly evolve at web speed
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Innovative new technologies are redefining the TV and media viewing experience. Yet despite these technologies, the consumer TV experience can be fragmented and frustrating. Consumers use numerous video services to find content and switch between multiple devices with varying content viewing abilities. TV service operators are challenged to drive innovation and efficiency at an increasing pace. In the Networked Society, by 2020 there will be at least 50 billion connected devices, 15 billion of which will offer video to users. Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) recognizes these challenges and is enabling and building the ecosystem for the future of TV - a future where TV is anywhere on any device and the experience evolves with the consumer.
To address this opportunity, Ericsson is launching its Future TV Anywhere platform, bringing modern Web technologies to the TV operator world. This will enable operators to combine the quality of service and content depth of Pay TV with the interactivity and multi-screen capabilities of Over the Top (OTT) video start-ups.
Ericsson is building an end-to-end integrated platform for Pay TV service providers based entirely on web and cloud technologies. The new software as a service platform makes it possible for TV operators to quickly respond to a changing marketplace, enabling the efficient deployment and scale of services while accommodating the intense loads associated with live TV. In addition, the system uses analytics driven by big data, helping operators manage new investments quickly and cost-effectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV