- Enables increased network capacity in environments where large numbers of people gather and consume large amounts of data
- Ericsson is best placed to offer Small cell as a Service because of its unrivalled ability to plan, design and operate networks in very challenging radio environments
- Seamlessly combines 3G/4G with carrier-grade Wi-Fi and allows for the monetization of dedicated media content, advertising and over-the-top services
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In the Networked Society, where connectivity is the starting point for new ways of innovating, collaborating and socializing, there are few things more important than network capacity. In environments such as stadiums, busy streets and multi-story office blocks, large numbers of people gather - and they expect to be able to connect with one another and access information using mobile devices. At times, these dense concentrations of users place so much demand on the network that quality of service suffers.
In cases where it is not practical to densify existing operator networks Ericsson's (NASDAQ: ERIC) solution to this problem is Small Cell as a Service. This approach involves using low-powered, short-range radio access nodes to supplement existing telecom networks and increase capacity in traffic hot spots where large numbers of users gather. The resulting densified network is owned by either Ericsson or a partner, and could serve multiple operators in scenarios when dedicated operator deployments are impractical.
Jean-Claude Geha, Vice President and Head of Managed Services, Ericsson, says: "This is an innovative managed services model that we are launching to cope with the huge volumes of traffic that are generated in areas where large numbers of people gather. Our solution is unique because of our ability to seamlessly combine 3G/4G with carrier-grade Wi-Fi, thereby ensuring that network capacity always exceeds demand."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV