- 2013 record revenues of $3.4 billion; up 9.5% compared to 2012
- Network of Rush Truck Centers expands to 107 locations in 20 states
- Record parts and service revenues of $988 million
- Record medium-duty, light-duty and used truck sales
SAN ANTONIO, Feb. 11, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rush Enterprises, Inc. (Nasdaq:RUSHA) (Nasdaq:RUSHB), which operates the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships in North America, today reported record annual revenues of $3.4 billion compared to $3.1 billion in 2012 and net income of $49.2 million, or $1.22 per diluted share. In 2013, the Company recognized a pre-tax charge of $10.8 million in its selling, general and administrative expense related to the Retirement and Transition Agreement with W. Marvin Rush, Chairman Emeritus. The charge results in a reduction of $6.6 million in net income, or $0.16 per diluted share.
"2013 was a year of continued investment, growth and solid financial performance, for our Company," said W. M. "Rusty" Rush, Chairman, CEO and President of Rush Enterprises, Inc. "We achieved record annual revenues, increased medium-duty, light-duty and used truck sales, and expanded our leasing business and revenues. We also augmented our solutions capabilities, completed expansion projects on existing facilities and acquired 5 dealer groups, adding 29 dealership locations to our Rush Truck Centers network," said Rush.
"I am proud of our performance in 2013 and extremely grateful to all our employees who contributed to the Company's success this year, especially given our rapid pace of growth. We welcomed more than 1,300 new employees to the Company in 2013 and look forward to serving new and existing customers across the country with excellence," added Rush.Continued Growth "2013 was a year of growth. We expanded the Rush Truck Centers network to 107 locations in 20 states across the country. Our goal to keep our customers up and running drives our growth strategy. We want to consistently service customers when and where they operate – locally, regionally and nationally. We made substantial progress towards our growth strategy in two ways – by investing in our core Peterbilt Division and expanding our Navistar footprint," said Rush.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV