Shares were dropping 7.47% to $54.00.
The cloud-based talent management software solutions posted, on an adjusted basis, net loss of $1.7 million, or 3 cents loss per share on revenue of $54.9 million for the fourth quarter.
Analysts, on average, were expecting breakeven earnings results on revenue of $55.08 million.
"The fourth quarter capped another year of solid execution and record results for Cornerstone," said Adam Miller, the company's President and CEO in the press release. "Our business has the benefit of many vectors of available growth, and we made strong progress across all of these dimensions last year. We saw our business expand in each of our segments, verticals, and geographies, as well as within our installed base. Quite simply, we believe that what we do-helping organizations to recruit, train and manage their people-is applicable to any group of people, anywhere in the world, and 2013 provided further validation of this belief."
Cornerstone will hold a conference call at 5 p.m. to discuss the results. -- Written by Andrea Tse in New York. Follow @atwtse >Contact by Email
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV