Kidde's "Be a Safety Hero" program focuses on these five steps to safety:
- Replace outdated smoke alarms (older than 10 years old) with units featuring a 10-year sealed-in battery. Kidde's Worry-Free line provides a decade of continuous protection with no low-battery chirps.
- Place fire extinguishers on every level of your home and make sure they are within reach.
- Install UL-listed carbon monoxide alarms on each floor and near bedrooms.
- Develop and practice an escape plan with your family. Know two ways out of each room.
- Show your commitment by taking and sharing the pledge at www.alarmpledge.com. You will help your family and help reduce the risks that firefighters face when responding to a home fire.
"Kidde's mission is to help save lives, and we are pleased to work with Craig on this campaign," said Chris Rovenstine, vice president, sales and marketing, Kidde. "Dead or missing batteries are the main reasons smoke alarms don't sound in a fire. By providing sealed-battery smoke alarms to local fire departments, we can help protect families who otherwise may not be able to replace an outdated alarm."
In addition to Morgan's hometown of Dickson, Tenn., fire departments in Buffalo, N.Y.; Columbus, Ohio; Indianapolis; Las Vegas; Austin, Texas; Phoenix and San Diego will receive Kidde Worry-Free alarms. Additional departments will be added throughout the year as Morgan crosses the country on tour.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV