DICKSON, Tenn., Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Craig Morgan, one of country music's best-loved artists, along with the Tennessee State Division of Fire Prevention, the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and Kidde Fire Safety, announced today the first group of fire departments to receive Kidde smoke alarms during the singer's VA Mortgage Leader Presents Craig Morgan The Journey Tour. The donations are part of Kidde's "Be a Safety Hero" initiative, which highlights five simple steps to fire safety with support from Morgan, who is a spokesperson. Kidde, a leading manufacturer of residential fire safety products, is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The alarm donation kicked off at Dickson City Fire Department in Black River Entertainment recording artist Craig Morgan's hometown. In all, Kidde will donate 5,000 of its new Worry-Free 10-year sealed battery smoke alarms to fire departments at stops during Morgan's 2014 tour – a $125,000 retail value. The alarms will then be installed in homes in need throughout each community.
"As a former first responder, I've seen the damage home fires can cause. Many home fire deaths are preventable, and I want to do what I can to help keep families safe," said Morgan. Before embarking on his music career, the country music star previously worked as an emergency medical technician and assistant sheriff's deputy in Dickson County. In 2011, Craig put his EMT training to use and rescued two children from a burning house in his home state.
The National Fire Protection Association reports approximately 3,000 people die in home fires in the U.S. every year, with most fires happening during the winter. Two-thirds of residential fire deaths occur in homes with either no smoke alarm or no working alarm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV