5 Valentines Day Love Lessons From Older Couples
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Achieving a long-lasting marriage or another lifetime relationship is the ideal for millions of Americans.
But it's a quest fraught with failure and pitfalls, with no real road map or GPS system to follow.
Karl Pillemer, a gerontologist at Cornell University's College of Human Ecology, thinks he can help. He's spent the past 36 months talking to (and more importantly, listening to) 800 older U.S. couples discussing love, marriage and what really makes a long-term relationship work.
In the spirit of Valentine's Day, Pillemer this week released the results from his study, with results and advice that can be applied to any relationship:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV