Cramer said the consolidation is a good move because Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) has been eating into their businesses. The merger will allow them to better compete, he added.
Although shares are higher by about 4% on the news, if Skyworks Solutions does begin to sell off, he suggested investors buy on the weakness. He added that the company reported a strong earnings report last quarter and should continue to do well, despite the merger between RFMD and TQNT.In other M&A news, Men's Wearhouse (MW) upped its bid for Jos. A. Bank (JOSB) to $63.50 and possibly as high as $65 per share. "How can these two not get together?" Cramer wondered. The deal would leave Eddie Bauer, a potential acquisition target by Jos. A. Bank, out in the cold. But Cramer is "not a believer in the Bauer deal."
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV