The company reported a fourth quarter loss of 26 cents per share on revenue of $9.14 billion. This beat analysts' expectations for a loss of 37 cents per shares on revenue of $8.97 billion.
She said the company reported a net loss of $1 billion for the quarter, which is lower than the $1.3 billion net loss in the same period one year ago.
Sprint also reported a record amount of platform subscribers, with 53.9 million, as well as record smartphone sales of 5.6 million devices, Borchardt added.The company's fiscal 2013 revenue of $22.6 billion represents 5% growth, leading some to believe the company is actually turning its operations around. Borchardt concluded that CEO Dan Hesse was mum on any details regarding a merger with T-Mobile USA (TMUS). However, he did say that consolidation would be healthy for the industry. At last check, shares of Sprint were off the morning highs, but still positive by 3%. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV