Zoetis said it expects adjusted earnings per share for fiscal 2014 in the range of $1.48 to $1.54, excluding recurring items. Analysts surveyed by Capital IQ were looking for earnings of $1.61. The company also forecast revenue of $4.65 billion to $4.75 billion for 2014, which is below the consensus estimate of $4.77 billion.
Zoetis posted adjusted earnings in the fourth quarter of 36 cents a share, edging out the Capital IQ consensus estimate by 2 cents. Revenue increased 7% year over year to $1.25 billion, beating the $1.2 billion consensus estimate. U.S. revenue rose 7% year over year to $516 million.
"In 2013, we successfully established ourselves as a new public company, delivered on our financial objectives, and continued meeting our customer commitments," said CEO Juan Ramon Alaix in the company's statement. "Our performance in 2013, together with our guidance for 2014, confirms our long-term objective to grow revenue in line with, or faster than, the market; to grow adjusted net income faster than revenue; and to bring additional value to our customers, colleagues and shareholders."Must Read: Zoetis Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2013 Results
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV