Gladstone Commercial Corporation Stock Downgraded (GOOD)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- GLADSTONE COMMERCIAL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GLADSTONE COMMERCIAL CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.05 versus $0.17 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 320.0% in earnings (-$0.21 versus -$0.05).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 68.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.99 million to $0.31 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, GLADSTONE COMMERCIAL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 46.64% is the gross profit margin for GLADSTONE COMMERCIAL CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of GOOD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GOOD's net profit margin of 1.92% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The share price of GLADSTONE COMMERCIAL CORP has not done very well: it is down 7.27% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts