BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- After a long period of stock market underperformance, the tech sector is starting to look exciting for investors again. And that's creating some big opportunities in tech stocks this week.
Typically, technology sector outperformance is synonymous with bull markets. But not this one. Since last June, the S&P 500 has moved 10.3% higher, while the tech sector has only managed to move the needle 4.5%. By and large, technology names haven't fully participated in this rally.But if the trading setups in big tech names are any indication, they could be about to make up for lost time. Today, we'll take a technical look at five of them. >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV