Tesla Motors (TSLA) Hits New Lifetime High
- TSLA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.5 billion.
- TSLA has traded 506,004 shares today.
- TSLA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSLA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSLA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSLA: Tesla Motors, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and electric vehicle powertrain components. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Tesla Motors a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tesla Motors has been 9.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tesla has a market cap of $21.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. Shares are up 18.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tesla Motors as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.20 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, TSLA maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.72, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for TESLA MOTORS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.44%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TSLA's net profit margin of -8.92% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Automobiles industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 65.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$110.81 million to -$38.50 million.
- TESLA MOTORS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TESLA MOTORS INC reported poor results of -$3.70 versus -$2.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.62 versus -$3.70).
- Compared to other companies in the Automobiles industry and the overall market, TESLA MOTORS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV