New Lifetime High Reached By Walt Disney (DIS)
- DIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $814.1 million.
- DIS has traded 207,894 shares today.
- DIS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DIS: The Walt Disney Company operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products, and Interactive. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. DIS has a PE ratio of 20.8. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Walt Disney a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Walt Disney has been 7.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Walt Disney has a market cap of $132.4 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are down 1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Walt Disney as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DIS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- DISNEY (WALT) CO has improved earnings per share by 33.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DISNEY (WALT) CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.38 versus $3.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.98 versus $3.38).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income increased by 33.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,382.00 million to $1,840.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, DISNEY (WALT) CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,212.00 million or 5.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.38%.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts