Contango Oil & Gas Company (NYSE MKT: MCF) (“Contango”) today announced its fourth quarter production results and year-end reserves, announced its preliminary 2014 capital program and provided an operational update on recent activity in the Gulf of Mexico and its Woodbine, Buda and James Lime plays.
Fourth Quarter Production Results
Production for the fourth quarter of 2013 was approximately 10.1 Bcfe, or 110 Mcfe per day. This represents a 51% increase over production for the fourth quarter of 2012, and is attributable to our merger with Crimson Exploration, Inc. (“Crimson”) that was completed on October 1, 2013. This is the first quarter we are reporting on a combined basis. Crude oil and natural gas liquids production during the fourth quarter of 2013 was approximately 6,240 barrels per day, or 34% of total production, up from approximately 2,900 barrels per day, or 24% of total production, in the fourth quarter of 2012. For the first quarter of 2014, we estimate our production to be 110 – 118 Mcfe per day.
Yearend 2013 Proved ReservesAs of December 31, 2013, our independent third-party engineering firms estimated our proved oil and natural gas reserves to be approximately 314 Bcfe, of which 66% was natural gas, 19% was oil and condensate, and 15% was natural gas liquids. This represents a 42% increase over our proved reserves reported as of December 31, 2012, which is attributable to our merger with Crimson. As of December 31, 2012, our reported proved reserves were 79% natural gas, 7% oil and condensate, and 14% natural gas liquids. These estimates were prepared in accordance with reserve reporting guidelines mandated by the Securities and Exchange Commission. These estimates do not include net reserves of approximately 41.8 Bcfe attributable to our 37% ownership interest in Exaro Energy III LLC (“Exaro”) as of December 31, 2013. We did not have any material Exaro reserves as of December 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV