PARIS, Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has supplied Claro Uruguay, a division of leading global wireless service provider America Movil, with an end-to-end 4G LTE network that will be fully deployed and operational in Montevideo by February 2014. Additional phases of network deployment in 2014 will increase the coverage in Montevideo and other cities.
The new network, which is part of America Movil's Latin American 4G rollout, includes Alcatel-Lucent's end-to-end LTE solution and industry-leading IP Networking technology. Claro Uruguay customers can expect some of the most advanced wireless broadband services with ultra high speeds. The advanced LTE network is an overlay of existing 3G and will enable services such as HD video with Video on Demand, at least 10 times faster high-speed navigation, high definition videoconferencing, online gaming and other applications
- Claro Uruguay is deploying Alcatel-Lucent's end-to-end 4G LTE solution that includes eNodeB, MME, OSS, and services throughout Montevideo with additional sites being rolled out across the country in 2014
- The network is part of American Movil's 4G LTE Latin American rollout which began with Claro Puerto Rico in 2012
- Alcatel-Lucent also will deploy its 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM)
- As Alcatel-Lucent repositions itself as a specialist in IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access, the Claro Uruguay 4G LTE deployments underscore the company's capabilities in advanced networking and access technologies.
Quotes:Horacio Alvarellos, Claro Uruguay Director, said: "We are delighted that Alcatel-Lucent was able to bring our new network into service so quickly. The deployment of 4G LTE is very important for Claro to expand our competitiveness in Wireless Broadband and offer new services to our customers. Especially for our customers in Montevideo and other urban areas it is important to offer a range of alternative services and improve coverage." Javier Rey, Alcatel-Lucent Sales Vice President in charge of the America Movil account, said: "This deal positions Alcatel-Lucent as a strategic LTE supplier with one of the world's top service providers and is a great opportunity to become a trusted partner of Claro AUP ( Argentina, Uruguay, and Paraguay). We look forward to additional deployments in this region as frequencies become available." Customer Boilerplate: Claro Uruguay is a subsidiary of America Movil, S.A.B. de C.V. BMV: AMX [NYSE: AMX]. [NASDAQ: AMOV] [LATIBEX: XAMXL], the leading provider of telecommunications services in Latin America, with business in 16 countries of the American continent. The brand Claro is present in Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Republica Dominicana, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico and Uruguay ABOUT ALCATEL-LUCENT (EURONEXT PARIS AND NYSE: ALU) Alcatel-Lucent is at the forefront of global communications, providing products and innovations in IP and cloud networking, as well as ultra-broadband fixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, enterprises and institutions throughout the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV