BLUE BELL, Pa., Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- New research from Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) shows that enterprises worldwide are realizing measurable business results by implementing formal programs for using mobile strategies and technologies to support their workers and reach customers more effectively.
The study shows a wide gap in success among organizations that have implemented comprehensive mobility strategies and those that have not. "Mobile enterprises" – defined as trendsetters with a mobility strategy and technology roadmap, clear success metrics, and an overall governance plan that integrates mobility – achieve demonstrably better results than organizations that have limited or piecemeal strategies.
"This study clearly shows that success in mobility requires a concerted, holistic approach encompassing strategy, business applications and formal measurement of results in addition to infrastructure engineering," said Darren McGrath, global director, Mobility Solutions, Unisys. "A fully planned, cohesive approach can make mobility a true business enabler, while an incoherent program creates the risk of a jury-rigged solution with tactical rather than strategic value to the organization."Unisys commissioned research organization IDG Connect to conduct the global study, which surveyed nearly 450 business and IT decision makers in 13 countries worldwide. Superior Measurement Points to Better Results Three-fifths (61 percent) of study respondents say that their companies have mobile strategies in place. However, there are marked disparities in the way the respondents characterize the maturity of those strategies and policies:
- 21 percent of respondents characterize their company as a trendsetting "mobile enterprise."
- 40 percent label their organization as "mobile enabled," with strategies and policies in place but no proactive governance.
- 28 percent call their organization "mobile aware," with pockets of mobile initiatives and some policies in place but with no overall strategy or governance.
- 11 percent say that their organization is a "mobile void," lacking any established strategy, policies or governance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV