Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUAN) today announced the results of a recently commissioned third-party survey conducted by Research Now that explores text messaging and voicemail habits of mobile smartphone users. Taking a closer look at how people prefer to stay in touch, the survey revealed that users are seeking ways to ensure their messages are received promptly every time for both text and voice messaging. The survey revealed that, given a choice, 62 percent of people would most likely switch to a voice-to-text messaging system from a traditional voicemail system to stay better connected on the go.
The survey investigated preferences for sending and receiving messages over different channels. The results indicated that while 80 percent of people were more likely to use the voice channel – and leave a voicemail – when communicating urgent news, including a death or hospitalization, those important, personal messages could often go unnoticed for hours. And while 79 percent of respondents found receiving voicemails to be a more personal experience than text messaging, text messaging remained the dominant medium because of its speed and convenience, with 85 percent finding text more convenient than voicemails.
Further, 66 percent of respondents prefer to receive news from a close friend via text-based message rather than by voicemail, and an overwhelming 85 percent of people found text-based messages more convenient than voicemails.
Additional examples of user trends include:
- Voice messaging has migrated from the landline to the mobile: 86 percent of people receive the majority of their voicemails on their mobile phone.
- Text is the dominant channel: 57 percent of people are contacted via text more than any other form of communication.
- Text is the most immediate channel: 96 percent of people are likely to read their messages and text back.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV