The largest ski area in Alaska is using Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:MSI) Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) components to implement a cost-effective, reliable high-speed wireless service for guests. The Alyeska Resort responded to customers who complained about Wi-Fi connection and troubleshooting issues. Motorola’s T5 Wi-Fi over VDSL2 system has resulted in 100 percent guest satisfaction with the Wi-Fi service and a dramatic reduction in wireless network management time and cost for hotel staff.
The T5 system allowed the Alyeska Resort to easily provide every guest room with high-speed wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage, with plenty of bandwidth to ensure superior wireless performance, regardless of how many devices may be in use in a room — or in the hotel. The VDSL2 architecture uses the existing telephone wiring and is compatible with the existing telephony and data network equipment, allowing for an easy and cost-effective deployment.
- The T5 Wi-Fi over VDSL2 solution was designed specifically to provide high-speed, in-room Wi-Fi service. The flexibility of the technology also allowed for deployment in the first three floors of the hotel, providing high-speed Wi-Fi service to guests and hotel staff in the pool area, spa, restaurant, retail shops and banquet rooms as well as administrative offices.
- Motorola’s rugged AP7161 802.11n outdoor access points were deployed to provide the point-to-point link to the resort maintenance shop and its buildings and grounds department.
- The Alyeska Resort is located 30 miles from Anchorage, Alaska, and is a year-round destination featuring a 304-room hotel.
SUPPORTING QUOTESMartin Cassens, director of Information Technology, Alyeska Resort “Before we implemented Motorola Solutions’ WLAN technology, everyone was talking about the lack of wireless connectivity in the guest rooms. Now, no one is talking about it. Not only does it work flawlessly, but we can also guarantee that all guests will have the bandwidth required for a superior wireless experience, regardless of whether they are in the lobby or in their rooms, how many devices are in use in each room — or how many devices are on the network.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV