MCKINNEY, Texas, Feb. 11, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Independent Bank Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:IBTX), the holding company for Independent Bank, today announced net income of $4.3 million, or $0.35 per diluted share, for the quarter ended December 31, 2013 compared to $4.0 million, or $0.33 per diluted share, for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 and pro forma after tax net income of $4.3 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
For the year ended December 31, 2013, the Company reported net income of $19.8 million (pro forma after tax net income of $16.2 million) compared to net income of $17.4 million (pro forma after tax net income of $12.1 million) for the year ended December 31, 2012.
Prior to April 1, 2013 and the initial public offering, the Company was an S corporation and did not incur federal income tax expense. As a result, pro forma adjustments for tax expense have been provided for comparability.Highlights:
- Core net income was $4.9 million, or $0.40 per diluted share, for the quarter ended December 31, 2013 compared to $4.6 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 and to $3.8 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
- Loans held for investment grew organically at an annual rate of 24.2% in the fourth quarter and 20.5% for the year ended December 31, 2013. Loans grew an additional 5.3% for the year through the acquisition of Collin Bank.
- Continued strong asset quality, as reflected by a nonperforming assets to total assets ratio of 0.47%, a nonperforming loans to total loans ratio of 0.39%, and an annualized net charge-offs to average loans ratio of 0.02% at December 31, 2013.
- Execution of a definitive agreement to acquire BOH Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiary, Bank of Houston, and completion of the acquisition of Collin Bank.
- Sale of all of the remaining Adriatica real estate ($9.7 million) and recognition of a $1.3 million gain from such sale.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV