SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Feb. 11, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGNT), a leader of specialty pharmaceutical products with a specific emphasis on the injectable market, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2013.
Fourth Quarter 2013 Highlights
- Revenue increased 20% to $64.1 million driven by products launched in the last twelve months;
- Reported gross profit increased 49% to $17.3 million, or 26.9% of net revenue, inclusive of $2.2 million of incremental expense due to unabsorbed manufacturing costs at our SCP facility;
- Adjusted Gross Profit 1 increased 38% to $18.1 million, or 28.2% of net revenue;
- Net income of $3.6 million, or diluted earnings per share of $0.11; and
- Seven new products launched, including Propofol and Carboplatin, the first product manufactured at our SCP facility, increasing the total for fiscal 2013 to 12 new product launches.
"We are pleased with the record revenue and strong earnings for the quarter, which enabled us to produce robust fourth quarter results and exceed our full year earnings and cash flow guidance for 2013," said Jeffrey M. Yordon, chief executive officer and chairman of the board of Sagent. "Despite industry headwinds related to a growing regulatory backlog, key product approvals and launches drove our performance and reinforced the value of Sagent's deep pipeline and our continued prioritization of investing in product development."Yordon added, "2013 has been a year of significant accomplishments for Sagent, which includes launching 12 new products and augmenting our vertical integration capabilities by acquiring the remaining 50% interest in SCP, our state-of-the-art Chinese manufacturing facility. We were also able to complete a successful secondary offering, bolstering our resources for long-term investment in SCP, continued development of our product portfolio and the pursuit of strategic growth drivers. The strong year over year growth is a direct result of our commitment to executing against our key strategic initiatives to build a long-term, profitable business for our shareholders."