Fair-weather investors aren't big fans of Yahoo! because CEO Marissa Mayer is using the company's $8 billion-plus war chest to try to increase long-term value and share appreciation. I continue to subscribe to the Yahoo! bull thesis and wrote two attractive investment strategies that you can use in Real Money Pro with Yahoo!.
Yelp shares gapped higher on Monday and faded lower most of the day. It was your classic buy the rumor and sell the news event.
Considering Yahoo!'s market share in search, it shouldn't be a surprise. You will want to take note of the opening price. The open is the same as the high of the day. In the future, when you see a well performing stock gap higher on so-so news and it doesn't trade even one tick above the open, you may want to consider shorting it if you're an active intraday trader. For everyone else, it's a time to take some money off the table and maybe reload a day or two later.Yahoo! also "gapped and crapped," but buyers came in and held a reasonable amount of support. There's no reason why they didn't and no reason not to take a closer look at Yahoo! for your portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV