After the bell, shares tanked 29.1% to $23.51, after taking off 1.2% over Monday's session.
The network services provider said it expects revenue between $60 million and $61 million for the three months to January, below prior guidance of $65 million to $66 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters anticipated sales of $65.65 million.
For the full year ending July, management forecasts sales of $250 million to $254 million, below guidance of $270 million to $276 million and analyst consensus of $274.52 million.The company said it anticipates full-year net income of 30 cents to 34 cents a share, compared to a previous range of 44 cents to 54 cents a share and analyst expectations of 52 cents a share. "While sales through the first two months of the quarter met our internal expectations, we experienced a much weaker January than expected, said CEO Robert Thomas in a statement. "We had fewer $1 million-plus transactions in the quarter than we typically do. Finally, our Federal business came in below our expectations. "While we are disappointed that we fell short of our financial expectations for the quarter, we remain confident in our strategy, the large market opportunity, our competitive differentiation and the compelling value proposition our products deliver to customers." Infoblox bottomed out in late November after original second-quarter guidance fell short of expectations. Must Read: Infoblox (BLOX) Shares Cross Below 200-DMA TheStreet Ratings team rates INFOBLOX INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate INFOBLOX INC (BLOX) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been unimpressive growth in net income over time." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Software industry. The net income has decreased by 6.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$2.39 million to -$2.55 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, INFOBLOX INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for INFOBLOX INC is currently very high, coming in at 78.82%. Regardless of BLOX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BLOX's net profit margin of -4.01% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- INFOBLOX INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INFOBLOX INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.10 versus -$0.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.52 versus -$0.10).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BLOX's share price has jumped by 75.05%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in BLOX do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BLOX Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.