NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Yahoo! (YHOO) rose 1.42% to $37.76, up 53 cents from its previous close of $37.23, at the close of the trading day on Monday on the heels of a report that the Web site would partner with Yelp (YELP).
The Wall Street Journal reported that Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer announced the partnership during an employee meeting on Friday. The partnership would incorporate Yelp's listings and local business reviews into the Yahoo! search engine. This new feature is expected to become public within the next few weeks.
The stock had a volume of 17,637,837, slightly less than its average of 17,861,800. It hit a high of $38.13 and a low of $37.25 for the day; the stock holds a one-year high of $41.72 and a one-year low of $20.39.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 43.47% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 82.56% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, YHOO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 27.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $272.27 million to $348.19 million.
- Although YHOO's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.08 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.27, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for YAHOO INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.75%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.50% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YHOO Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV