NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- MagicJack VocalTec (CALL) spiked 18.18% to $16.25, up $2.50 from its previous close of $13.75, at the close of the trading day on Monday after Whitney Tilson, the managing partner of New York-based hedge fund Kase Capital Management, said that the company could potentially mimic Netflix's (NFLX) eight-fold increase.
Tilson stated in a research note that MagicJack's marketing push could lead to a surge in subscriber growth and an increase in the value of the stock. Netflix has soared 689% in the 16 months since Tilson recommended it, according to Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV