PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- FMC Corporation (NYSE: FMC) has named Michael Seyfert as director of Government Affairs for FMC Agricultural Solutions. Seyfert will lead the specialty chemical company's agricultural government affairs activities and will serve as the key agriculture liaison with policy makers, industry associations and other stakeholders in the federal government and associated agencies.
Seyfert has served in a variety of leadership roles during his 17 years working in the U.S. Senate, notably as the legislative director for U.S. Senator Pat Roberts and most recently as the staff director to the Senate Agriculture Committee. Seyfert will be based at FMC's office in Washington, D.C.
"Mike is a seasoned leader with deep capabilities across the political landscape with an extensive background and experience in agriculture policy," said Shawn Whitman, FMC vice president of Government Affairs. "Mike's knowledge, skills and advocacy management will serve him well in his new role."About FMC FMC Corporation is a diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial, environmental, and consumer markets globally for more than a century with innovative solutions, applications and quality products. In 2013, FMC had annual sales of approximately $3.9 billion. The company employs approximately 6,000 people throughout the world, and operates its businesses in three segments: FMC Agricultural Solutions, FMC Health and Nutrition, and FMC Minerals. For more information, visit www.FMC.com. SOURCE FMC Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV