PITTSBURGH, Feb. 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANSYS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANSS), today announced that Dr. Andrew Yang, ANSYS Vice President and General Manager, and President of its Apache Design business, will officially step down from his current role. Dr. Yang will remain working as part of the ANSYS management team through August 1, 2014, reporting directly to Walid Abu-Hadba, Chief Product Officer of ANSYS. In his new role, Dr. Yang will focus on the leadership transition, working closely with Walid and other members of the organization to ensure that the Apache team and business are well positioned to continue their long record of creating leading-edge technology for our customers and delivering positive results for our stockholders.
"The Apache Design business, employees and customers have been a great addition to the ANSYS family since the closing of the acquisition in August 2011," said Jim Cashman, ANSYS president and CEO. "The combination of ANSYS and Apache has given us the most comprehensive electronics engineering simulation software in the industry. I want to personally thank Andrew for being part of the ANSYS team for these past several years, and for the contributions that he individually and the entire Apache team has made, and will continue to make, towards our success. We wish Andrew the best as he moves onto his next exciting endeavor," Cashman stated.
"The Apache business is well-positioned to continue its record of delivering results for our customers and our stockholders," said Andrew Yang, Apache president. "Working closely with Walid and the Apache leadership team, we will ensure that we continue to execute on our strategic plan for the business, and prepare for my transition out of the day-to-day business of leading Apache. This has been an incredible experience for me. I wish ANSYS and the team years of continued growth and success."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV