KB Home (NYSE: KBH), one of the nation’s largest and most recognized homebuilders, takes water conservation seriously and designs all of its new homes to maximize water efficiency. KB Home has completed more EPA WaterSense labeled homes than any other builder and is the only homebuilder to be recognized with the EPA’s WaterSense Partner of the Year award for three consecutive years.
“Water is one of our most vital and precious resources and, as a homebuilder, we recognize the importance of empowering our homeowners with the ability to reduce their water use and at the same time lower their utility bills,” said Jeffrey Mezger, chief executive officer of KB Home. “By designing every new KB home with highly efficient features that promote water conservation, we believe we can make a positive impact on our homeowners, the markets we serve and our surrounding environment.”
With the water-efficiency features standard in every KB home, KB homeowners can save an average of 30,000 gallons of water and up to $300 per year on their utility bills compared to a home without these features.* Savings are built-in to every KB home through features such as:
- WaterSense labeled bathroom faucets and showerheads, as well as kitchen faucets that use up to 25% less water compared to standard fixtures
- WaterSense labeled toilets which use up to 30% less water than standard models
- ENERGY STAR® certified, water-efficient dishwashers which consume up to 30% less water per cycle than standard dishwashers
- Water-efficient landscaping
The KB Home Design Studio offers additional options that can further enhance water efficiency such as:
- Water conserving washers
- A water-recycling dishwasher which saves water from the last rinse cycle for use in the first pre-rinse cycle of the next load
- An instant hot water option for kitchen faucets which saves on water usage and energy costs
- Hot water recirculation systems which use a separate pump to provide hot water more quickly and efficiently throughout the home
In addition to having standard WaterSense labeled fixtures in every home, KB Home has also built more than 250 homes that have been certified as “WaterSense Labeled New Homes” by meeting rigorous requirements for indoor and outdoor water use. These requirements include having an ENERGY STAR® qualified dishwasher, an efficient hot water delivery system, a water-efficient landscaped front yard and providing homeowners an information manual on maximizing water-efficiency. KB Home has been building WaterSense Labeled New Homes since 2010 and currently offers them in select communities in California, Texas and Florida. Two new KB Home communities featuring WaterSense Labeled New Homes are set to open later this month in Playa Vista near Los Angeles. These homes can save consumers as much as 50,000 gallons of water annually compared to existing homes.* That’s enough water to fill five residential swimming pools.