The 10 Best Wines for Valentine's Day
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Yes, fellas, it's that time of year again: Valentine's Day. The significant others in our lives are anxiously awaiting the night when we whisk them off their feet and take them out for a romantic evening straight out of the pages of a Nicholas Sparks novel.
But let's face it. Some of us just aren't that guy. We wouldn't know romance if we were Nicholas Sparks. But there's one ingredient that works almost universally to salvage any V-Day gone wrong: wine. Red, white or rose, it doesn't matter.
But you can't just head to the store and pick up a bottle of the garden-variety, under-$10 stuff for such a special occasion. Well, you could, but we don't recommend it. No, for Valentine's Day, you need the good stuff. But where do you start?
Fortunately, we've compiled a list of "The 10 Best Wines for Valentine's Day" to help you earn some serious points on Feb. 14. Each of these wines earned the "Gold Outstanding" award from the International Wine & Spirit Competition in 2013. We've also included average prices for each one to help your wallet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV